JCCF accepting 2018 grant applications

     The Jones County Community Foundation (JCCF) began accepting 2018 grant applications on Sept. 1.

     The applications and guidelines are available online at www.dbqfoundation.org/JCCF. Applications are due by Oct. 15.

     Non-profit organizations can apply for grants from the JCCF for projects or programs that address significant community issues and benefit a broad spectrum of the community. Projects must benefit persons in Jones County.

     The JCCF awards grants in the areas of economic well-being, quality of life, educational opportunities, tourism and recreation, Jones County heritage, and conservation efforts.

     Each entity is allowed to request funding only once per calendar year and cannot receive funding in consecutive years. Eligible applicants must be 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations of governmental bodies. Other non-profits with charitable projects may also qualify but must partner with a qualified non-profit or government body who will serve as a fiscal sponsor.

     Last year, the JCCF awarded grants totaling more than $40,000 to the following non-profits:

     • $12,500 to the Anamosa Booster Club

     • $2,250 to the Cascade FFA

     • $4,000 to the Grant Wood Scenic Byway

     • $640 to Jones County Senior Dining

     • $12,000 to the Jones County Historical Society

     • $7,500 to Little Lion Learning Center/Olin Daycare

     • $1,000 to the Oxford Junction Foundation, Inc.

     • $2,000 to The Crisis Center of Johnson County

     These grants were supported by Iowa’s County Endowment Fund Program. This initiative, unique to Iowa, makes grants to create a strong community foundation infrastructure in 84 counties like Jones that do not hold state-issued gaming licenses. The JCCF grants out 75 percent of these funds and invests the remaining 25 percent endowment that generates interest to be distributed in future years.

     Community foundations are charitable organizations that administer funds to benefit their communities and improve the lives of people in their geographic region. Non-profit organizations and community members can create endowment funds at JCCF to benefit charitable causes. These funds are invested and pay out 5 percent annually to the designated non-profits, providing a reliable source of income to sustain organizations’ operations forever.

     Gifts to endowment funds at the Community Foundation may be eligible for the Endow Iowa 25 Percent State Tax Credit. Community members can contribute to more than 200 endowment funds established by non-profits throughout Northeast Iowa, which provide sustainable sources of income for these essential community service organizations.

     For more information, visit www.dbqfoundation.org/JCCF or contact Sherri Hunt at jccf@dbqfoundation.org.

     The JCCF is an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque.      



Subscriber Login