Monticello High School has announced the 2013 lineup of Homecoming Week events, Sept. 23-28.
• On Tuesday, Sept. 24 there will be an away volleyball game with Northeast Goose Lake beginning at 6 p.m.
• On Wednesday, Sept. 25 there will be the Academic Awards program at 2 p.m. in the High School Auditorium.
• On Thursday, Sept. 26, there will be home volleyball matches for freshman, JV and varsity teams against Bellevue, beginning at 6 p.m. We are going to “outshine” them by wearing neon colors. Let’s pack the gym!
• Several Homecoming events will take place on Friday, Sept. 27. The Coronation will begin in the High School gym at 2 p.m., with parents and community members arriving at 1:30 p.m. This will be immediately followed by a Homecoming Pep Rally.
School will dismiss at the normal time. Parade lineup will begin at the pool parking lot at 3:15. The Homecoming Parade will begin at 3:45, following the same route as last year. Community floats are encouraged.
Please contact Nancy Miller or Shannon Guyer at 465-6597, ext. 1441/1429 to reserve a spot. The football games against Camanche will conclude the Friday events.
• On Saturday, Sept. 28 there will be a Cross Country meet at Anamosa beginning at 8:30 a.m. in Central Park. Monticello will be hosting the Varsity Volleyball Tournament in the HS Gym beginning at 9 a.m.
The Homecoming Dance will be on Saturday, Sept. 28 at Camp Courageous from 9 p.m. to midnight.
Due to liability issues, there will not be a Powder Puff game; however, Dress Up days will continue throughout the week as follows: Monday- Opposites, Tuesday – Favorite Character, Wednesday – Twin/Triplet, Thursday – Neon Color Wars, and Friday – Panther Pride.